Eye Care Advice
Useful tips for Contact Lens Care
- When inserting and removing your contact lenses, make sure your hands are always clean and dry
- Follow a cleaning and wearing schedule as prescribed by your optician
- Replace contacts as recommended by the manufacturer to reduce risk of infection
- Never use tap water use to clean your lenses, only use cleaning solution
- Never top up old or use expired solution, each stage of the cleaning process requires fresh solution
- Use solution to rinse your contact lens case after every use
- Make sure to replace your contact lens case every 3 months
- Do not bathe or swim in your lenses and do not sleep in your lenses, unless they are extended wear, and this has been approved by your optician
- Make sure your contact lens prescription is updated at least every two years, or when there are noticeable changes to your eyesight
- Visit your optician should you wish to switch contact lenses or solution and if you experience any signs of redness, pain or loss of vision
Guides on eye care:
Annual Online Aftercare Check List
How to put in contact lenses
How to take out contact lenses
Which contact lens solution do I need?
For any further queries or questions you may have on eye care, you can easily contact our Customer Support Team on 0345 319 3000, or by email or LiveChat.
If it’s an emergency or you have concerns out of our customer service hours, you can call the UK NHS Healthcare Service on 111.